The following values guide our work:
- ACCOUNTABLE to each other, organizational partners, funders, and the people who benefit from the campaigns we run and support.
- AUDACIOUS to make change even when change seems impossible by taking calculated risks – large and small.
- COLLABORATIVE with local and national partners, and each other, because we are stronger working together.
- DIVERSE in representation and opinion.
- SUSTAINABLE as individuals and as a team in order to build something that will impact people now and for years to come.
- UPRIGHT with a commitment to act with integrity by making promises we can keep and instilling in all our work the same values we fight for in our campaigns.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
The Fairness Project values the visible and invisible qualities that make our staff special and provide important perspectives for our work. We are committed to building a team of staff and consultants as diverse as the communities we serve and an environment where everyone can be authentically themselves.
In order to promote a culture of equality, The Fairness Project has implemented a Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Plan, which includes a full organizational audit using Global Diversity & Inclusion Benchmarks, an active DEI task force with organization-wide learning sessions, and an ongoing audit of all TFP hiring and retention procedures, policies, and benefits packages to ensure the organization meets its commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace.
This is just a start and we have much more to do. At The Fairness Project, there is plenty in the pipeline. Our promise to everyone is that we will continue to approach all that we do with a deep commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.